Digitalcoin (DGC) Scrypt based cryptocoin
Digitalcoin is a simple currency that keeps its value well and does not experience as much volatility as some other crypto currencies. This regard for stability is inherent in the design. It is optimized for performance and is one of the fastest ways to send and receive transactions in the world. digitalcoin is a real usable currency with multiple vendors and ways to purchase a variety of items including hardware, software, Steam games, food, jewelry, precious metals, and more.
Block Explorer / Crawler
- Algorithm: Scrypt
- Block Time: 20 seconds – Enough time to minimize orphans but still provide almost instant transactions.
- Difficulty: Starts at 0.00024414 – It will take 6-8 difficulty adjustments (or ~13000 blocks) to reach desired difficulty of 1. It retargets quickly to adjust to the environment, so stability should not be much of an issue. Miners should also find the system adjusts fast enough to be up to date, but not so fast as to make the environment unpredictable and unstable. 6 hours is target time. Every 1080 blocks (6 hours @ 20 seconds per block), the network scales the difficulty accordingly. Example: If target is 6 hours and it took 3 hours to find 1080 blocks, difficulty will increase 200%.
- Reward: 20 coins per block, halved every 3 years – Consistent rewards encourage miners to support the network long term. Loyalty is rewarded. This also reduces volatility by setting the foundation on a stable path. Due to the fair launch policy, block rewards will grow in value until they reach the 20 coins per block reward. More details below.
- Maximum coins: 200,000,000
– Online Wallet
– at GitHub
- P2P Port: 7999
- RPC Port: 7998
Other Similar Publications:
- In: Crypto Coins
- Tags: DGC, DGC exchnage, DGC info, DGC mining, DGC pool, DGC scrypt coin, Digitalcoin, Digitalcoin exchnages, Digitalcoin info, Digitalcoin mining, Digitalcoin pools