All About BTC, LTC, ETH mining as well as other alternative crypto currencies
Claymore’s Zcash (ZEC) AMD miner has been updated a couple of times already since the release of the initial version from some days ago. The number of optimizations and hashrate improvements with pretty much each major update has been tremendous, bringing back to life many of the old AMD Radeon GPUs such as 7950/7970 or the 280X, some of the most popular mining video cards for the last few years. The latest release, already a major version 6 brought more fixes and optimizations in terms of performance. As one would expect Nvidia is left behind once more, even though there were some signs that recently it was starting to catch up to the levels of performance of AMD GPUs, it is now yet again significantly slower. So owners of Nvidia-based mining rigs might want to switch to some other alternative for mining at the moment after the latest performance boosts from Claymore. Do have in mind however that Claymore’s Zcash miner does come with a 2.5% dev fee, below is a list of major changes and updates of the miner after the initial release:
– improved speed by about 15-25% (depends on card model). About 230H/s on stock 390X.
– added “-benchmark” option.
– improved speed by about 20-25% (depends on card model). About 180H/s on stock 390.
– “-i” parameter values are 0…4 now, default value is “-i 4”.
– fixed issue with mixed cards.
– improved speed by about 30-50% (depends on card model). About 145H/s on stock 390X.
– improved support for Catalyst 16.x and 4xx cards.
– reduced CPU usage.
– improved speed by about 20% (depends on card model). Up to 100H/s on stock 390X on “-i 2” mode.
– added “-retrydelay” option.
– added “-nofee” option.
– various bug fixes.
– changed coloring.
– EthMan: added “View miner console” command.
– improved speed by 20-30% (depends on card model). Up to 80H/s on stock 390X on “-i 2” mode.
– improved stability.
– added “-i” option for adjusting mining intensity and CPU usage.
– improved speed for high intensity mode (“-i 2”), about 60H/s on stock 390X, 50H/s on stock 280X.
– since nicehash cannot upgrade their ddos protection, now “-allpools 1” is required for this pool.
– improved speed by 5-15% (depends on card model).
– added Linux version.
– fixed issue with rejected shares after devfee mining.
– remove “-allpools 1” option if you use it and mine on miningpoolhub, suprnova, coinmine or nicehash pools.
– added “XnSub” support for Nicehash.
– fixed bugs.