All About BTC, LTC, ETH mining as well as other alternative crypto currencies
A lot of people do not like much Proof of Stake (PoS) coins as quite a lot of these do not have a long lifespan and are generally considered a loss of time and money, however there are some coins that have endured the test of time. Some of these coins might be an interesting option to invest into by buying and making some profit from the staking and future increase in their value, below we have compiled a short list of some such coins with a bit more details about each one and a link to the announcement thread on Bitcointalk where you can get additional information to help you make a decision. The focus of the list are coins with higher annual interest rate as if there is just 1% or less per year you can only hope to gain profit by long term increase of the value of the coin. When considering PoS coins that might be interesting for long term investment you should look for ones with higher interest rate that start at about 5% annually, but be careful with ones that have a very high interest rate as that might not be that good. Other things to look for include an active and bigger community of users, the coin being traded on larger altcoin exchanges such as Bitttrex or Poloniex with a decent volume. Check our list below with some such coins that we consider that are worth checking out in more detail if you are interested in making investment in Proof of Stake coins, the list may be missing some coins, so feel free to point additional ones in the comments below…
List of PoS coins to check out:
– BlackCoin (BLK/BC), currently PoS only, fixed stakign reward of 1.5 BLK + fees time dependent, traded on Bittrex and Poloniex with big volume, active community.
– CoinMagi (XMG) – M7M, PoW and PoS, up to 5% annual interest rate, traded on Bittrex and Poloniex, small volume, active community.
– Diamond (DMD), Diamond-Groestl, 0.2 DMD PoW, 25% annual interest rate for PoS, decreasing further in time, traded on Bittrex, active community.
– Mintcoin (MINT), currently PoS only, 10% annual interest rate to further decrease to 5%, traded on Poloniex, large volume, active community.
– OKCash (OK), currently PoS only, 20% annual interest rate to decrease further to 6%, traded on Bittrex, small volume, small community.
– HyperStake (HYP), currently Pos only, up to 750% annual interest rate with limitations on how much coins you can stake driving actual rate lower, traded on Poloniex, small volume, active community.
– Hyper (HYPER), currently PoS only, 5% monthly interest rate to further decrease to 2% annual, traded on Bittrex, small volume, active community.
– Quotient (XQN), currently PoS only, 1618% annual interest rate for PoS (max reward cap?), traded on Bittrex, small volume.
– Reddcoin (RDD), currently PoS only, 5% annual interest for PoS, traded on Bittrex and Poloniex with big volume, active comunity.
– ZeitCoin (ZEIT), currently Pos only, 15% annual interest rate to further decrease to 5%, traded on smaller exchanges only, small volume, active community.
MintCoin is an innovative, secure and energy efficient PoW/PoS coin. It uses a faster PoW distribution mechanism to distribute the initial coins, then after 5 weeks the coin is basically transferred to a pure PoS coin, where the generation of the coin is mainly through the PoS interests. MintCoin also adopt a variable PoS rate, which gives the highest payout at 20% the first year, then decrease 5% per year until the 4th year it reaches annual interest rate of 5%, then it will remain at this rate.
Because after 5 weeks it is basically a pure PoS coin, it does not need to be intensively mined, as the PoW payout will remain the minimum. Most coins will be generated through PoS, thus it is a coin that will save a lot of energy compared to other coins.
MintCoin will have a total of 70 billion coins. Initially each block will deliver 100000 to 900000 coins randomly. The PoW payout will be halved each week (7 days). After 5 weeks, the PoW payout will be fixed at 1 coin per block. PoS will start after at least 20 days of holding of the coins in the wallet. With PoS, the coin is more resilient to 51% attack.
As a miner, you will be extremely rewarded to be an early adopter of MintCoin.
As an investor, you will be glad to know that holding your coins in the long term will result in tremendous rewards as well. MintCoin is also designed to be widely spread amongst population all over the World, and so is available in a large quantity.
Block Explorer / Crawler
– at GitHub