All About BTC, LTC, ETH mining as well as other alternative crypto currencies
A lot of people do not like much Proof of Stake (PoS) coins as quite a lot of these do not have a long lifespan and are generally considered a loss of time and money, however there are some coins that have endured the test of time. Some of these coins might be an interesting option to invest into by buying and making some profit from the staking and future increase in their value, below we have compiled a short list of some such coins with a bit more details about each one and a link to the announcement thread on Bitcointalk where you can get additional information to help you make a decision. The focus of the list are coins with higher annual interest rate as if there is just 1% or less per year you can only hope to gain profit by long term increase of the value of the coin. When considering PoS coins that might be interesting for long term investment you should look for ones with higher interest rate that start at about 5% annually, but be careful with ones that have a very high interest rate as that might not be that good. Other things to look for include an active and bigger community of users, the coin being traded on larger altcoin exchanges such as Bitttrex or Poloniex with a decent volume. Check our list below with some such coins that we consider that are worth checking out in more detail if you are interested in making investment in Proof of Stake coins, the list may be missing some coins, so feel free to point additional ones in the comments below…
List of PoS coins to check out:
– BlackCoin (BLK/BC), currently PoS only, fixed stakign reward of 1.5 BLK + fees time dependent, traded on Bittrex and Poloniex with big volume, active community.
– CoinMagi (XMG) – M7M, PoW and PoS, up to 5% annual interest rate, traded on Bittrex and Poloniex, small volume, active community.
– Diamond (DMD), Diamond-Groestl, 0.2 DMD PoW, 25% annual interest rate for PoS, decreasing further in time, traded on Bittrex, active community.
– Mintcoin (MINT), currently PoS only, 10% annual interest rate to further decrease to 5%, traded on Poloniex, large volume, active community.
– OKCash (OK), currently PoS only, 20% annual interest rate to decrease further to 6%, traded on Bittrex, small volume, small community.
– HyperStake (HYP), currently Pos only, up to 750% annual interest rate with limitations on how much coins you can stake driving actual rate lower, traded on Poloniex, small volume, active community.
– Hyper (HYPER), currently PoS only, 5% monthly interest rate to further decrease to 2% annual, traded on Bittrex, small volume, active community.
– Quotient (XQN), currently PoS only, 1618% annual interest rate for PoS (max reward cap?), traded on Bittrex, small volume.
– Reddcoin (RDD), currently PoS only, 5% annual interest for PoS, traded on Bittrex and Poloniex with big volume, active comunity.
– ZeitCoin (ZEIT), currently Pos only, 15% annual interest rate to further decrease to 5%, traded on smaller exchanges only, small volume, active community.
Zeitcoin (ZEIT) is called a revolutionary crypto resource made in homage to the Zeitgeist Movement by its developers. A new Proof of Work / Proof of Stake resource with a purpose.
To spread the word of the teachings of the Zeitgeist Movement. To be used as a complementary currency involved in trading for resources. 99,000,000,000 total ZEIT will be made, enough to involve the longevity of this revolutionary concept. Do note that this coin is already with POS fully in effect and the POW is at 1 coin per block. If you want to mine and get paid in ZEIT you should use the Zeitcoin multipool listed in the Pools section below!
Zeitcoin is a Scrypt PoS/PoW hybrid coin with a strong community behind it. A majority of the coin supply will be distributed by “minting” which allows anyone with coins in their wallet to receive up to 25% interest on their coins. All you have to do to receive interest on your coins every month is have some in your wallet. For traditional miners, the PoW block reward will be halving once a week, every week until the payout is fixed at 1 coin per block. Therefore every week that passes, it becomes harder and harder to mine Zeitcoin.
Block Explorer / Crawler
– at GitHub